ting68, Sunday, 9thof July 2006, 20:30 UTC (22:30 CEST)
(Later beginning than usual because of the soccer championship final)
See ting-wiki for more about tings.
We try to meet on second-life along with the ting today for the first time. Add your second life name to the participants list, please.
We chose a hobo hangout for tinging in second life. secondlife://caletta/113/221/26 are the coordinates. Try to get there or tell us your name in second life (on irc or gobby) so we can teleport you there.
TheSheep provides a new gobby 0.3.x standalone server. Adress is c141-46.icpnet.pl port 6522 (default). We use that one for tings now. The collab-editor-server used before, kathigraben.mine.nu is being prepared for the new gobby 0.4.x and for now is experimental. Check irc.freenode #onebigsoup when there are problems to log in.
We use teamspeak for VoIP. You find the teamspeak login data on the gobby page ting68_talk or ask in irc.freenode #onebigsoup. teamspeak port is 8767 (default). Use quick connect to enter the server adress and join in. Configure your team speak to push-to-talk, please.
Joining the ting using gobby only is surely welcome.
- tings are open. so come up with a topic - you will realize pretty soon if someone's interested in it
- add topic, we're not against them
(sign: name, location, second-life identity, personal web-site)
- ma: Mattis Manzel, Venice, sl: Mattis Voltaire, Mattis-Manzel-wiki
maybe participates, dunno yet
some recommendations for ting
Please save the ting every few minutes on your hard-disk. In case gobby crashes (it does so sometimes) or in case somebody deletes all text we likely have a version to retrieve the ting without loosing too much of it. So save.
In case gobby crashes you have to relog in using a different name a n d a different color. You can not relog in using your former name o r color.
- We start each contribution on tings with a sign: - this is because the colors get lost when exporting the ting to a wiki-page and not signing you can't tell anymore who wrote what on the wiki-page.
- Export is some hours (or the next morning) after a ting is over. Remove what you do not want to be globally public before leaving a ting.
- A ting might take 20 minutes or many hours until deep at night - in Europe at least ;).
- Tings are set up for 18:00 UTC, and - like all good jam-session - sometimes don't get started but some hours later. So stay loged.
Also open the tingn_document page, please. It is for life-summarizing the ting. Copy results or precious passages over to it. Ting_talk might get pretty long and chaotic after some busy ting-hours. It's nice to have the contents already condensed when copying over the ting to ting-wiki. We actually copy the document on the article page and the talk on the discussion page.
The chat in the chat-window (below, in gobby) is translucent and will not be copied. It should be directly connected to a real irc channel (or peekko), freenode #ting for example, but it is not yet. Hack that, please. 903285856793
collab-editor contents copied in
see community-wiki: second life for comments and a screenshot.
sh: something ha!
ma: thx. Interesting first attempts to get some ting going in second life. As it's all new to us no remaining text resulted - using second life is complicated enough and you have to learn it. But we met in five and chated in second life about having clickable urls and using VoIP along with it. Good ting so far.
A very interesting aspect about it is that crowds - like five people or so already are - atract other people to take a look. I think second life is good for tings. It has to be explor