Jump to navigation Jump to search
Another word for God
Used heavily by Buckminister Fuller
The place we Humans exist in, and some of us think we are the only ones around.
- "If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never know it was dark. Dark would be without meaning."
- -- C.S. Lewis (British Scholar and Novelist. 1898-1963)
- "Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together."
- -- Oprah Winfrey (American television personality,Actress and Producer, b.1954)
- "There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
- "The reason why the universe is eternal is that it does not live for itself; it gives life to others as it transforms"
- -- Lao Tzu (Chinese taoist Philosopher, founder of Taoism, wrote "Tao Te Ching" (also "The Book of the Way"). 600 BC-531 BC)
- "Everything is perfect in the universe - even your desire to improve it."
- -- Wayne Dyer (American motivational Speaker and Author of self-help best selling books. b.1940)
- "The universe, they said, depended for its operation on the balance of four forces which they identified as charm, persuasion, uncertainty and bloody-mindedness."
- -- Terry Pratchett
- "It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
- -- Dr. Carl Sagan (American Astronomer, Writer and Scientist, 1934-1996)
- "Black holes are where God divided by zero."
- -- Bill Watterson (from "Calvin and Hobbes" comic strip)
- "The universe is asymmetric and I am persuaded that life, as it is known to us,is a direct result of the asymmetry of the universe or of its indirect consequences. The universe is asymmetric.
- -- Louis Pasteur
- "The most beautiful things in the universe are the starry heavens above us and the feeling of duty within us."
- -- Indian Proverb
- "In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."
- "The universe seems bankrupt as soon as we begin to discuss the characters of individuals."
- -- Henry David Thoreau
- "In some sense man is a microcosm of the universe; therefore what man is, is a clue to the universe. We are enfolded in the universe."
- -- David Bohm
also see: History of the universe