here are some Firefox Hints, you know how to do X or Y... hopefully we will build up a nice collection of members hints.
As default in Firefox when you click the middle button, you can autoscrole around the screen by moving the mouse around, you then have to Middle Click again to get out of auto-scrole mode. i find this gets in the way of using the Middle button for links and the like...
- to disable this feachure, open Firefox/about:config and set...
- general.autoScroll false
Middle Button Click
- If you middle click on a link in firefox the link will open up in a new tab.
- If you middle click on a Tab, the tab will be closed (usefull if you have lots of tabs open)
- lots of other extensions use this same function for middle click. (ie try middle clicking the diffrent things you use and see what happens)
Show Failed URL
- Displays failed URLs in the URL bar when XUL error pages are enabled.
- XUL error pages are enabled by setting browser.xul.error_pages.enabled to true (this can be done via Firefox/about:config, prefs.js or user.js).
- ie open Firefox/about:config and set browser.xul.error_pages.enabled to true