Among other things:
- Terra (Latin name) and we are Terrestrials
- Adama (Hebrew name) notice how 'Adam' is the root of that
- The home of s23
How to find earth
- Locate the Virgo Supercluster of galaxies
- Within this supercluster find a smaller group of galaxies called the Local Group (talk about universal naming conventions later ;)
- Find the second largest galaxy of the Local Group - a galaxy called the Milky Way
- Locate one of the spiral arms of this galaxy (called the Orion Arm) which lies about two-thirds of the way out from the center of the galaxy.
- Look close and find the solar system - a group of nine planets, as well as numerous comets and asteroids which orbit the sun, a medium size class G (6000 K surface,74% hydrogen, 25% helium) hydrogen bomb thats exploding since about 4.5 billion years (located about 26,000-28,000 lightyears from Milky Way core) (*)
- We are the third planet from the sun in the solar system.
- Locally you can use GPS coordinates and Google Earth
- Welcome, we are the hairless monkeys, you cant miss us.
(*) - within Milky Way you can use galactic coordinates:
"Galactic latitude b is the angle between a position and the galactic equator and runs from -90 to +90 deg. Glalactic longitude runs of course from 0 to 360 deg."
"The galactic north pole is at RA = 12:51.4, Dec = +27:07 (2000.0), the galactic center at RA = 17:45.6, Dec = -28:56 (2000.0). The inclination of the galactic equator to Earth's equator is thus 62.9 deg. The intersection, or node line of the two equators is at RA = 18:51.4, Dec = 0:00 (2000.0), and at l = 33 deg, b=0. "