add your own random pointless quotes here =)
- Pi r square? pi r not square, pi r round cornbread r square.
- Ah! And now we have come full circle back to "Why you should use a module to handle this type of code rather than re-inventing the wheel!".... You don't risk breaking the spokes of the wheel while fixing the pedalsif you don't start out by reinventing the wheel to begin with...
- there has been an article in the papers recently on the guy who wrote the code for the Ctrl+Alt+Del function. I guess he retired a month ago or so from IBM and all he had to say before he left was that he did, indeed, write the code but it was Bill Gates that made it so famous.
- Get ziggy with it. (not literally! as i n, you don't 'get a ziggy' with it.) But 'get ziggy with it' as in 'all your base are belong to us'. Umkay? Umkay.
- THE BIRTH OF APHRODITE, Look, look why shine, Those floating bubbles with such light divine? They break, and from their mist a lily form Rises from out the wave, in beauty warm. The wave is by the blue-veined feet scarce press'd, Her silky ringlets float about her breast, Veiling its fairy loveliness, while her eye Is soft and deep as the heaven is high. The Beautiful is born; sea and earth May well revere the hour of that mysterious birth.
- I thought: a pub, a farmhouse and a brewery all on one bike ride. ang the bloke who discovered oxygen - there's got to be something interesting here. (Adam Hart-Davis)
- Always act as if life is a joyous journey. - Kenn Yuill
"Speak, speak, speak, & remember that whenever anyone's liberty to speak is denied, your liberty is denied also, & your place is where the attack is.." — Voltairine De Cleyre [1886-1912]. 
- It's not just politically incorrect, it's very very incorrect - by my Philosophy professor, on the topic of male/female inequality
"You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life." — Albert Camus
- Daily life can be superficial, but that's only on the surface.- FRED L. HOLTZ, Ph.D.
- Eris Says: Never judge a man till you have walked a mile in his shoes, 'cuz by then, he's a mile away, you've got his shoes, and you can say whatever the hell you want to.
- -Jim- With MSN, failure is not an option. It comes bundled with the service.
- "We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half-full of cocaine and a whole galaxy of multicolored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers... also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of Budweiser, a pint of raw ether, and two dozen amyls. But the only thing that worried me was the ether. There is nothing more irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we would be getting into that rotten stuff sooner or later."
[20:33] <LaGGeR> ich wollt auch grad fragen ob du beim arzt warst..? [20:33] <LaGGeR> ich hatte heute doch keinen bock, war irgendwie auch zu spät.. und bevor ich vor verschlossenen türen stehe, geh ich lieber gar nich ^^ [20:35] <mattis_> Lagger gut. Bevor man vor verschlossenen Türen steht lieber gar nicht gehen. Also nur gehen, wenn Türen gaantiert offen sind, sprich Gnu/GPL.
"and all we have to do now is to take all these lies and make them true somehow" (George Michael: Freedom)
taken from 
"Our tradition is one of protest and revolt, and it is stultifying to celebrate the rebels of the past...while we silence the rebels of the present." - Henry Steele Commager
"To criticize one's country is to do it a service....Criticism, in short, is more than a right; it is an act of patriotism-a higher form of patriotism, I believe, than the familiar rituals and national adulation." -J. William Fulbright
"I don't know. I never smoked AstroTurf."
-- Baseball player Tug McGraw in 1974, when asked if he preferred grass or artificial turf
"If God dropped acid, would he see people?"
-- Steven Wright
"I used to have a drug problem, but now I make enough money."
-- David Lee Roth
"I don't like people who take drugs... Customs men for example."
-- Mick Miller.
"I'm in favor of it as long as it's multiple choice."
-- Kurt Rambis, on drug testing
"LSD is known to induce psychosis, in people who have never used it."
"I've never had a problem with drugs. I've had problems with the police."
-- Keith Richards
"Did you know America ranks the lowest in education but the highest in drug use? It's nice to be number one, but we can fix that. All we need to do is start the war on education."
-- Leighann Lord
"Don't do drugs because if you do drugs you'll go to prison, and drugs are really expensive in prison."
-- John Hardwick
"Drugs are not the answer *pauses* unless the question is: 'What is not the answer?" In which case the answer would be drugs. That however would be the only time when drugs would be the answer, that I can think of... Next question please..."
-- A local politician at a youth summit
"Animal rights people are historically overt abusers of substances, but you know; if you took as much LSD as Paul McCartney you wouldn't eat anything with a face either."
-- From a book written by Adam Higgibotham
"The band The Orb have a little game they play, designed to limit the consumption of drugs to those still coherent enough to get a spark across a synapse. Having had his fill of a joint, Thrash turns to Alex: "What's the capital of Peru?" "Lima," replies Alex with some satisfaction. Thrash surrenders the spliff. "The Orb," explains Alex hazily, "has become a very geographically conscious band. Mountain ranges in Africa, rivers in Russia, cities in south America - we know 'em all. Have to. No geography, no drugs."
-- From a book written by Adam Higgibotham
"Avoid all needle drugs, the only dope worth shooting is Richard Nixon."
-- Abbie Hoffman
"I would never do crack... I would never do a drug named after a part of my own ass, okay?"
-- Denis Leary
- "Laws are like sausages, you respect them more if you haven't actually seen how they are made." --Bismarck
- "The Cruelest Trick Came From The Talibans, Who Allowed Plenty Of Drugs And Then Banned Music." --Unknown
- "Unless mankind redesigns itself by changing our DNA through altering our genetic makeup, computer-generated robots will take over our world." --Stephen Hawking
- "If you rely too much on the people in other countries and other companies, in a sense that's your brain and you are outsourcing your brain." --Bill Gates
- "If there's one thing that computers do well, it's to make the same mistake uncountable times at inhuman speed." --Peter Coffee
- "Man is the lowest-cost, 150-pound, nonlinear, all-purpose computer system which can be mass-produced by unskilled labor." --NASA in 1965
- "The city's central computer told you? R2D2, you know better than to trust a strange computer!" --C3PO
- " Kirk: Do you want to know something? Everybody's human. Spock: I find that remark insulting. " --Star Trek
- An idea is not responsible for the people who believe in it.
- Bend the facts to fit the conclusion. It's easier that way.
- When man calls an animal "vicious", he usually means that it will attempt to defend itself when he tries to kill it.
- "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." - Philip K. Dick
- To err is human. To moo, bovine.
- "May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." - George Carlin
- Give a man a program, frustrate him for a day. Teach a man to program, frustrate him for a lifetime.
- Love makes the world go 'round, but, then again, so does a hard blow to the head.
- "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw
- "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." - Terry Pratchett.
- "They called me mad, and I called them mad, and damn them, they outvoted me." - Nathaniel Lee on being consigned to a mental institution, circa 17th century
- This is a one line proof... if we start sufficiently far to the left.
- If God didn't want us to eat people, He wouldn't have made them out of meat.
- It's bad luck to be superstitious
- When Cthulhu calls, he calls collect.
- All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
- A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a Unicorn.