Bruce Eisner's Vision Thing
Author of Ectasy ISBN 0914171682
Bruce Eisner is the pen name of Bruce Jay Ehrlich, born in Brooklyn, New York February 26,1948 At age two, he moved to LA, California. His first publication was an essay about democracy at age 16 in the U.S. Congressional Record, Bruce attended California State University Northeridge from February 1966 to February 1969 where he majored Political Science and minored in Philosophy. He left college before graduating to become a full time participant in the Sixties counterculture which included a 6 month hitchhiking journey overland to India. From 1970 to 1977, Bruce became a journalist, taking positions as contributing editor for High Times and Omni Magazines. In 1977, Bruce moved from LA to Santa Cruz, California where he received a B.A. in Psychology at UC Santa Cruz. He left Santa Cruz from 1979-1981 to complete a M.A. in psychology at U.C. Santa Barbara.
Bruce returned to Santa Cruz in 1981 where he began in 1982 he began Ph.D.studies at Saybrook Graduate School and Research Center, San Francisco. During this same time, he worked with a group of psychedelic activists publishing magazines and newsletters and organizing conferences and seminars around topics of consciousness and psychedelics. In 1988, Bruce published Ecstasy: The MDMA Story with Ronin Publishing, Berkeley (a second updated edition was published in 1994). In 1988, Bruce withdrew from Saybrook short his dissertation to start Mindware, company distributing psychological software. In 1991, he began Island Group, named for Aldous Huxley's last novel Island. which later become Island Foundation. Bruce directed the creation of Island's website, newsletters and magazines. In 2002, Bruce moved to Las Vegas, Nevada where re-enrolled at Saybrook and is currently a Ph.D. Candidate completing a dissertation in the psychology of consciousness. He also continues to Island Foundation's Sanctuary Project and with his software company Mind Media. His latest thoughts are expressed publicly on his web log, Bruce Eisner's Vision Thing.
- Why We Get High. By Bruce Eisner, Original publication: Island Views Newsletter, 1995-1996.
- A Call for a Psychedelic Sanctuary. By Bruce Eisner, Original publication: Island Views Newsletter, 2001.
- MDMA, Personality and Human Nature: The Power to Transform People. By Bruce Eisner.
- LSD and Aldous Huxley’s Island: Setting Sail for a Better Country. By Bruce Eisner published in Gaia News No. 14.
- Lovelights@LearyEisner.com. By Bruce Eisner and Timothy Leary, 1996, published on New World Disorder, 2004.
- Interview with an Alchemist: Bear Owlsey.By Bruce Eisner; Original Publication: Psychedelic Island Views, 1997.
- Modern Alchemy: Modern Alchemy: Interview with Ann and Sasha Shulgin. By Bruce Eisner with Peter Stafford, original publication: Psychedelic Island Views, 1997.
- Psychedelic Culture An Interview with Terence Mckenna. By Bruce Eisner original publication: Psychedelic Island Views, 1998.
- Timothy Leary's Ultimate Trip. By Bruce Eisner original publication: Psychedelic Island Views, 1996.
- Interview with Bruce Eisner. Original Publication: Cruzio. Com's Hawk Magazine; May, 1996.