ting71, Sunday, 30th of July 2006, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
See ting-wiki for more about tings.
We try to meet on second-life along with the. Add your second life name to the participants list, please.
We chose a hobo hangout for tinging in second life. secondlife://caletta/113/221/26 are the coordinates. Try to get there or tell us your name in second life (on irc or gobby) so we can teleport you.
TheSheep provides a gobby 0.3.x standalone server. Adress is c141-46.icpnet.pl port 6522 (default). Check irc.freenode #onebigsoup when there are problems to log in.
We use teamspeak for VoIP. You find the teamspeak login data on the gobby page ting69_talk or ask on gobby or in irc.freenode #onebigsoup. teamspeak port is 8767 (default). Use quick connect to enter the server adress and join in. Configure your teamspeak to push-to-talk, please.
Joining the ting using gobby only is surely welcome.
- tings are open. so come up with a topic - you will realize pretty soon if someone's interested in it
- add topic, we're not against them
some recommendations for ting
Please save the ting every few minutes on your hard-disk. In case gobby crashes (it does so sometimes) or in case somebody deletes all text we likely have a version to retrieve the ting without loosing too much of it. So save.
In case gobby crashes you have to relog in using a different name a n d a different color. You can not relog in using your former name o r color.
- We start each contribution on tings with a sign: - this is because the colors get lost when exporting the ting to a wiki-page and not signing you can't tell anymore who wrote what on the wiki-page.
- Export is some hours (or the next morning) after a ting is over. Remove what you do not want to be globally public before leaving a ting.
- A ting might take 20 minutes or many hours until deep at night - in Europe at least ;).
- Tings are set up for 18:00 UTC, and - like all good jam-session - sometimes don't get started but some hours later. So stay loged.
Also open the tingn_document page, please. It is for life-summarizing the ting. Copy results or precious passages over to it. Ting_talk might get pretty long and chaotic after some busy ting-hours. It's nice to have the contents already condensed when copying over the ting to ting-wiki. We actually copy the document on the article page and the talk on the discussion page.
The chat in the chat-window (below, in gobby) is translucent and will not be copied. It should be directly connected to a real irc channel (or peekko), freenode #ting for example, but it is not yet. Hack that, please.
(sign: name, location, second-life identity, personal web-site)
- ma: Mattis Manzel, Venice, sl: Mattis Voltaire, Mattis-Manzel-wiki
- sh: TheSheep
maybe participates, dunno yet
collab-editor contents copied in
ting71 is temporarily held back for publishing