A ting is an online-sessions to simultaneously write with multiple participants on one or several documents. We use collaborative editor software to do that. Voice-tings also use internet-telephony along with it.
This wiki is for preparing the tings. The session's contents gets copied in the respective ting-page soon after the tings for archiving and reworking.
wiki means quick. So let's make it quick.
There is also the collab-editor-wiki. It has a set of day-pages with a calendar called ting-pages to start your own collab-editing sessions.
More on collab-editors:
Gobby is open source and we strongly prefer that. There is no reliable stand-alone-server and no collab-editor => wiki inclusion for it yet like we had it for the proprietary moon-edit we used in the past.
The ting-wiki for now is a sub-wiki of s23-wiki. It has its own recent changes which are not integrated in the sidebar. But there is as a link to the ting-wiki's homepage on top of every page of this wiki. We'll improve this as the s23-wiki-hive grows.
- forum - ideas, hello's, news, questions etc.
- category: ting - all pages
- wiki-node - our neighborhood
Idle on irc, server: freenode, channel: #ting so other tingers can call you in for spontaneous tings or vice versa.
tings have been the councils of the old vikings (more on ting).
There is also the collaborative-editor-wiki, a wiki-center for the creation and the application of collab-editors. It has a calendar to scedule tings.
ting-times are on
- sundays, 18:00 UTC
- thursdays, 21:00 UTC
We meet half an hour before ting time on irc (freenode) #ting (also check #onebigsoup).
To install gobby see the gobby-wiki: installation guide. Click join session and enter kathigraben.mine.nu to connect to the host. Ask questions in irc freenode #onebigsoup (or #ting).
We use teamspeak along with the collab-editing-session to talk to each other. pSycoRe made a room WiKi / TING for us on their teamspeak-server. Get the data to login on freenode #ting or on the gobby page ting_talk. Configure your teamspeak to push-to-talk, please.
list of tings
- ting68, sunday 25th of June, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting65, sunday 16th of June, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting64, sunday 11th of June, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting63, sunday 4th of June, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting62, sunday 28th of May, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting61, monday 22th of May, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST) <== demo-ting along with ting-talk on webmontag
- ting60, sunday 21st of May, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting59, sunday 14th of May, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting58, sunday 7th of May, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting57, sunday 30th of April, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting56, sunday 23th of April, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting55, sunday 16th of April, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting54, sunday 9th of April, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting53, sunday 2nd of April, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting52, sunday 26th of March, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting51, friday 24th of March, 18:00 UTC (19:00 CET) <== first flashmeeting-ting
- ting50, sunday 19th of March, 18:00 UTC (19:00 CET)
- ting49, sunday 12th of March, 18:00 UTC (19:00 CET) There is a new idea on ting-radio
(some stored on community-wiki which is a cache for ting-wiki)
- ting48, sunday, 11th of December, 18:00 UTC
- ting47, sunday, 13th of November, 18:00 UTC
- ting46, sunday, 30th of October, 18:00 UTC
- ting45, sunday, 23rd of October, 18:00 UTC is on community-wiki: ting45
starting on voice-tings (teamspeak for now)
- ting44 sunday, 21st of August is on community-wiki: ting44
- ting43 thursday, 11th of August, 21:00 UTC (23:00 CEST)
- tinging moves over to use gobby
- ting42 thursday, 14th of July, 21:00 UTC (23:00 CEST)
- ting41 sunday, 10th of July, 18:00 UTC (20:00 CEST)
- ting40 thursday, 7th of July, 21:00 UTC
- ting39 sunday, 3rd of July, 18:00 UTC
- ting38 thursday, 30th of June, 21:00 UTC
- ting37 sunday, 26th of June, 18:00 UTC
- ting36 thursday, 23rd of June, 21:00 UTC
- ting35 sunday, 19th of June, 18:00 UTC
- ting34 thursday, 16th of June, 21:00 UTC
- ting33 sunday, 12th of June, 18:00 UTC
- ting32 thursday, 9th of June, 21:00 UTC
- ting31 sunday, 5th of June, 18:00 UTC
- ting30 thursday, 2nd of June, 21:00 UTC
- ting29 sunday, 29th of May, 18:00 UTC
- ting28 thursday, 26th of May, 21:00 UTC
- ting27 sunday, 22nd of May, 18:00 UTC
- ting26 sunday, 15th of May, 18:00 UTC
- ting25 thursday, 12th of May, 21:00 UTC
- ting24 sunday, 8th of May, 18:00 UTC
- ting23 thursday, 5th of May, 21:00 UTC
- ting22 sunday, 1st of May, 18:00 UTC
- ting21 thursday, 28st of April, 21:00 UTC
- ting20 sunday, 24th of April, 18:00 UTC
- ting19 thursday, 21st of April, 21:00 UTC
- ting18 sunday, 17th of April, 18:00 UTC
- ting17 sunday, 10th of April, 18:00 UTC
- ting16 thursday, 7th of April, 21:00 UTC
- ting15 sunday, 3rd of April, 18:00 UTC
- ting14 thursday, 31st of March, 21:00 UTC
- ting13 sunday, 27th of March, 18:00 UTC
- ting12 thursday, 24th of March, 21:00 UTC
- ting11 sunday, 20th of March, 18:00 UTC
- ting10 thursday, 17th of March, 21:00 UTC
- ting9 sunday, 13th of March, 18:00 UTC
- ting8 sunday, 6 th of March 18:00 UTC
- ting7 thursday, 3rd of March 21:00 UTC
- ting6 sunday, 27th of Febuary 18:00 UTC
- ting5 thursday, 24th of February 21:00 UTC
- ting4 sunday, 20th feb, 18:00 UTC (19:00 CET)
- ting3 tuesday, 15th of February 20:00 UTC
- ting2 saturday, 12th of February 18:00 UTC
- ting1 monday, 7th of February 14:00 UTC
UTC (universal time code) = GMT (Greenwich mean time) = CET (central European time) - 1 hour respectively CEST (central European summer time) - 2 hours
how to participate
Login the gobby server kathigraben.mine.nu, standard port 6522, no password (you need to have gobby installed to do so). Open the pages tingn_document and tingn_talk. You'll not be alone on ting-time. A bientot.
how to include text from moon-edit into the ting-wiki
You can use <ting>filename</ting> to include files from the MoonEdit server into wiki pages. These must be saved as plain text on the ME-server before using => scripts => enter command => 'svsavetxt'. meta-wikipedia: mutante / moon-edit
- community-wiki: collaborative editor is a node for developers and users of collaborative editors
Ciao Mattis - Re: the Writely test page pointing here ... when do you plan to add my email addreess to the list of people who are allowed to edit it ? - Luigi
- community-wiki: transporter-room that's where it all started
- MELF - the moon-edit liberation front (a nice front)
- ting-wiki / moon-edit - the developer's page here (but not the s23-wiki moon-edit info page)
having a page on s23-wiki for simple text inclusion from their moon-edit page on http://is-root.de